Friday, June 3, 2016

Eating Vegan & Vegetarian by Candy O'Donnell


Link:






Why I eat Vegan and Vegetarian Foods

Eating vegan to me has become a weekly dining experience. I choose a weeklong diet of vegan meals to cleanse my body of the dairy and wheat products ingested during my regular vegetarian diet. There have been times when the vegan diet just sticks with me for a month or so. Vegan meals can taste incredible and with my recipes, eating vegan is quick and easy and tastes amazing. By adding more fresh fruits and vegetables to my diet, my energy went up, and my lethargy dropped. I have found that by getting rid of salty and sugary foods I feel better, have more energy, and choose better food to eat.
After eating without thinking for so many years, I finally decided to change the way I eat. Instead of just putting any food into my body, I decided to find a way to eat differently. After reading through recipes over the net and discovering that spicy and salty foods did not coincide with me, I decided to create my own heart-healthy recipes. This short recipe book is what I love to dine on.



What I have in my Cupboard and Fridge

These are just some of the items I keep on hand at all times. There are many other dried goods I have as a backup in an emergency kind of meals. I love fresh, frozen, then canned foods and in that order. Fresh is best, but when I cannot find what I need at the farmer’s market I buy frozen.

Mixed nuts
Mixed Lettuce
Dates
Oatmeal
Coconut sugar
Agave Syrup
Coconut milk, almond milk
Eggs
Potatoes
Rice: white and brown
Soy bacon
Soy sausage
Tofu
Tortillas
Maple syrup
Honey
Green tea
Peppermint tea
Ginger
Shredded coconut
Olive oil
Earth Balance butter
Frozen kale
Carrots
Onions
Fresh and frozen fruits
Fresh and frozen vegetables
Herbs




Link:





No comments:

Post a Comment