Monday, June 20, 2016

Love Your Writing Image...


As an author, have you ever glanced in a reflective surface and disliked what you see?

All the time, right? 

Not anymore.
Give yourself a break and see each word, each sentence, and every chapter as a learning experience that is leading you to something great. As a writer, look back at what has already been published and be amazed at how far you've come. Am I am best seller? Have I written some pretty good stuff? Not yet and yes, but something better is coming on the horizon and it will happen. You just need to keep #writing and someday a terrific piece will shine through.

Everyday I tell myself to focus on that something great and everyday a sentence or a chapter surpasses what I've written before.
Great, right?
Yes, it is.
For me writing has always been in my heart and soul. Now it resides deeper inside of me. It has become an integral part of who I am as a person.
Are you frustrated with writing?
At times that is all it takes to keep doing what you love.

I have stopped writing for many reasons in the past.
I have writer's block, I don't want to do it anymore, or time was not on my side to write.
Whatever the case, if writing reflects who you are, keep coming up with places and scenarios for yourself and your writing.
That reflection will truly pay off in the long run.
For me, writing gets out what is within my mind and soul. It is like a purge to me. I feel the need to write and when I do write for long periods of time, a feeling of lightness comes over me.



Love What You Write!

If you do not love what you write, then it is time to chalk it up to experience and move on. I did many times, but I always came back to writing. Everyone needs a break and if you don't love your image as a writer, then it is time to give it up or change it.


No comments:

Post a Comment